My friend made me some sunflower seed milk and it was delicious. She used apple juice instead of water. You could substitute some or all apple juice if you like, leaving out or reducing the maple syrup or honey. You do need to soak the sunflower seeds at least 8 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse your soaked nuts and place in a high speed blender.
- 2Add the maple syrup or honey and vanilla.
- 3Add the water. Blend at high speed for about 1 minute.
- 4Line a large jug with your nut bag.
- 5Pour the blended mixture into a cheesecloth lined strainer and and gently squeeze out the milk leaving behind only the pulp.You don’t have to squeeze it to death, lol(or you can skip this, and leave the pulp. It will settle to the bottom ).
- 6Refrigerate and enjoy for up to 3 days.
- 7Be zware that the milk does separate, stir or shake before drinking.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Sunflower Seed Milk
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.4
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g