1/2 Photos of Homemade Spinach Noodles
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I decided one day to try to make since I had been making egg noodles for years. Here is the result. New Note: A reviewer stated she would try carrots or sweet potatoes. Great! But grate carrots, steam with water in microwave and then mash. Mash cooked sweet potatoes, use less water in sweet potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put spinach and salt in blender. Pulse a few times until finely chopped, not totally a clear liquid.
- 2If cooked mashed carrots 1 1/2 cups, if cooked mashed sweet potatoes, 1 1/4 cups.
- 3(The salt brings out the water in the spinach).
- 4In large bowl, add flour.
- 5Make a well in the middle, a deep hole.
- 6Add beaten eggs, margarine and spinach mix (or carrot or sweet potato mix.).
- 7Fold the flour in all four direction over the well.
- 8Then add the water.
- 9Keep folding the flour over and over.
- 10If it is too wet, add 1/4 cup flour. Then use hands to mix.
- 11Knead dough with the back of your palms until it becomes smooth. If it is sticky, add a little more flour.
- 12Form into a large ball and place in a bowl.
- 13Cover and let rest for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 14Divide dough, into 3 portions. Turn out each portion on a floured board, roll to.
- 15about 1/4 inch thickness. Put through a pasta machine if you have one. If not, try to roll out to 1/8 inch thickness and cut.
- 16Into 1/2 inch wide noodles. You can dry in the air, I prefer to dry on a tray in the oven at 200°F--it is faster. I turn the noodles a few times before they are dry.
- 17Note: Some spinach has more water. If it has larger leaves it contains more water than smaller leaves.That is why you need the addition of more flour if needed.
- 18Store in a air tight container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Spinach Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.8
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 162.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g