Recipe by RachelB-KY
This is great! Much better then anything you can buy in a can.
Top Review by cajunhippiegirl
We really liked these Sloppy Joes. The sauce was nice and thick, and they were super easy to throw together. I think next time I will cut the amount of brown sugar back to 1/4 cup, they were just a little sweet for our tastes, but still worth a 5 star review. Thanks for posting, made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce and paste, ketchup, brown sugar and soy sauce; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each bun.