Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are AMAZING. Way better than the processed Frankenfood version.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- jelly (strawberry, raspberry, etc.) or jam (strawberry, raspberry, etc.)
- Roll out pie dough and cut into rectangles.
- Spread jam on half of them, leaving one-half inch or so on edges without jam.
- Cover with another rectange.
- Crimp edges with a fork.
- Bake until pie dough is done (follow instructions on package).
- Glaze with powdered sugar and milk or eat plain.
Fun, fun, fun!!! Even better is that they tasted way better than store bought pop tart! My DH was so impressed! I used strawberry jam, baked at 425 for about 12 mins, brushed with powdered sugar glaze that included a couple drops of almond extract and then finished with colorful sprinkles. They looked adorable! Thanks for the delicious, easy, quick keeper recipe!
Five stars! Here's what I did: I used Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts & rolled them out flatter, and trimmed them so I got six 3x5 rectangles out of each pie crust (so 12 rectangles = 6 poptarts). I spread 1 generous teaspoon of strawberry jam on half of them and topped with the other half. Crimped edges & pricked top with fork. Baked at 450 for 8 minutes. I melted some cake frosting and glazed them and used sprinkles too. Family loved them--better than the storebought, they said!
Totally loved these!! My daughter is allergic to soy and eggs and thankfully, Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust is safe to eat! We used Conchito guava preserves. So good...thanks for posting!!