1/5 Photos of Homemade Manicotti
1 hr 5 mins
Ingrid Nicolich-Obregon's Note:
I found this recipe in Rachael Ray's magazine and made it my own. As a kid, crepes (palachinche) in my house was a dessert filled with jelly, rolled like a cigar and eaten before my mother can put them on the table. So I thought it was cool that they were incorporated into this dish. I have to say, I willl never use store bought manicotti for this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup romano, parsley and milk.
- 3In another bowl, whisk eggs with 1 cup of water. Whisk in flour.
- 4Heat a greased 8" non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 5Ladle (small one) batter into skillet, swirling to cover surface of pan.
- 6Cook for 1 minute on each side.
- 7Repeat with remaining batter. (spraying cooking spray with each new crepe).
- 8Stack crepes on plate. (You should wind up with 13 crepes).
- 9Spread half of the meat sauce into a 9x13 baking dish.
- 10Spoon cheese mixture onto center of crepe and roll closed.
- 11Arrange in baking dish.
- 12Top with remaining sauce and cheeses.
- 13Bake for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.5
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 305.3 mg
- Sodium 1944.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 48.2 g