Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
My 4 year old, loves the lunchables. I find that they are too high in sodium and too expensive. I created this version for her lunch.
- 16 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Then I serve it with any of the following:.
- Whole wheat mini pita bread, sliced baby carrots, or bell pepper strips.
- For side you can try:.
- Squeeze yogurt.
- Fruit cup, packed in its own juice.
- Skim-milk pudding cup.
- Low-fat string cheese.
- This is much healthier than the lunchables that you buy at the store.