Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Vegetarian Times magazine(Dec. 05), this is easy to make and has a wonderful gingery flavor!
Make and share this Homemade Ginger Ale recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lb fresh ginger, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- sparkling water (or club soda)
- Bring sugar, ginger, cinnamon stick and 2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Simmer 5 minutes, remove from heat, and stir in cayenne. Let cool.
- Strain liquid into small pitcher, and discard ginger and cinnamon. Cover and store in refrigerater until ready to use.
- To serve, ladle 1/4 cup ginger syrup into tumbler filled with ice. Top with 3/4 cup sparkling water, and stir. Enjoy!
I reduced this recipe by half, my DH who is a ginger-ale lover enjoyed this! thanks Sharon!...Kitten:)