Recipe by Happy Hippie
Making your own homemade spices and condiments not only saves big bucks, but they are healthier to boot. You'll find that many of the required ingredients are already in your pantry. Give it a try. I think you'll like it. Note: A cooking time was required to be entered; I entered a small amount, keep in mind there is NO COOKING TIME AT ALL.
Top Review by Peter J
Very nice! I made this when I'd run out of 5-spice powder but had the other ingredients. I'll make it myself from now on as it has a much better taste and aroma when everything is freshly ground.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon szechwan pepper, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves