Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Making your own homemade spices and condiments not only saves big bucks, but they are healthier to boot. You'll find that many of the required ingredients are already in your pantry. Give it a try. I think you'll like it. Note: A cooking time was required to be entered; I entered a small amount, keep in mind there is NO COOKING TIME AT ALL.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon szechwan pepper, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon; 1 tsp aniseed, crushed; 1/4 tsp fennel seed, crushed; 1/4 tsp Szechwan pepper, crushed; and 1/8 tsp ground cloves.
- Store in a covered container.
Very nice! I made this when I'd run out of 5-spice powder but had the other ingredients. I'll make it myself from now on as it has a much better taste and aroma when everything is freshly ground.
Smells divine! My whole kitchen was perfumed with this wonderful aroma! Thanks for the great recipe!