Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a good remedy for cough in adults. Apple cider vinegar has anti-bacterial and detoxifying properties. Honey coats the throat providing soothing relief to irritated and sore throats, and the cayenne pepper opens up congested nasal passages and relieves pain. I also add lemon juice for flavor and Vitamin C. Note: the taste is a little spicy but good and what it is better, it really works!.
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pour water and apple cider vinegar to heat into a saucepan. Then add honey and stir until honey is dissolved. Add ginger and cayenne pepper to the mixture.
- Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the liquid to cool, then pour it into a glass jar for storage in a refrigerator.
- To relieve cough, take 1 tablespoon two times a day, or as needed.
- NOTE: Always adjust the dosage according to the age of the person and the severity of the cough. And because there is honey involved, this would not be a cough syrup for babies, infants or very young children.