1/1 Photo of Homemade Cilantro & Minced Onion Noodles
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I used to make with parsley and minced onion. Now cilantro flakes are available and I like to use them. I did not buy a store brand box noodles for 30 years.Put these in any broth and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons water (if needed)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup flour, you may need extra flour for rolling
- 1In a medium bowl, mix water, onion flakes and cilantro flakes. Let set 10 minutes.
- 2Stir once. Onions and cilantro will swell.
- 3Add eggs, salt and margarine. Beat until frothy and margarine mixed.
- 4In large bowl, add flour and baking powder.
- 5Stir. Make a well in the middle, a deep hole.
- 6Add the beaten eggs and flakes mixture.
- 7Fold the flour in all four directions over the well.
- 8Add water 1 tbsp at a time if dough is too dry. Really depends on how large the eggs are.
- 9Keep folding the flour over and over.
- 10Now use hands to mix. Knead dough with the back of your palms.
- 11While kneading sprinkle the 1/2 cup flour into the dough, knead, fold over, sprinkle, knead, fold over, sprinkle, knead, sprinkle, fold over.
- 12Form into a large ball please in a bowl.
- 13Cover, let rest about 10 minutes.
- 14Divide dough into 4 portions. Turn out each portion on a floured surface. Roll to 1/8 inch thickness.
- 15Do not use a pasta machine.
- 16Some of the minced onions pop out.
- 17Roll up jellyroll fashion. Sprinkle a little flour on dough while rolling up.
- 18Let set a few minutes. Use a very sharp knife. Cut in 1/4 or 1/2 inch wide strips.
- 19You can air dry or dry in 200° oven.
- 20I turn the noodles a few times while drying.
- 21Store in an air tight container.
- 22You can use a batch fresh and cook in water or broth also.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cilantro & Minced Onion Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.3
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 219.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g