Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used to make with parsley and minced onion. Now cilantro flakes are available and I like to use them. I did not buy a store brand box noodles for 30 years.Put these in any broth and enjoy!
- In a medium bowl, mix water, onion flakes and cilantro flakes. Let set 10 minutes.
- Stir once. Onions and cilantro will swell.
- Add eggs, salt and margarine. Beat until frothy and margarine mixed.
- In large bowl, add flour and baking powder.
- Stir. Make a well in the middle, a deep hole.
- Add the beaten eggs and flakes mixture.
- Fold the flour in all four directions over the well.
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time if dough is too dry. Really depends on how large the eggs are.
- Keep folding the flour over and over.
- Now use hands to mix. Knead dough with the back of your palms.
- While kneading sprinkle the 1/2 cup flour into the dough, knead, fold over, sprinkle, knead, fold over, sprinkle, knead, sprinkle, fold over.
- Form into a large ball please in a bowl.
- Cover, let rest about 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 portions. Turn out each portion on a floured surface. Roll to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Do not use a pasta machine.
- Some of the minced onions pop out.
- Roll up jellyroll fashion. Sprinkle a little flour on dough while rolling up.
- Let set a few minutes. Use a very sharp knife. Cut in 1/4 or 1/2 inch wide strips.
- You can air dry or dry in 200° oven.
- I turn the noodles a few times while drying.
- Store in an air tight container.
- You can use a batch fresh and cook in water or broth also.
This is by far one of the best noodles I've made & I make homemade noodles a lot. I boiled mine in chicken stock. WONDERFUL recipe and a very nice dough to work with. Thanks very much!