Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had three quarts of cream and needed to make butter. This had been separating for a couple of weeks. I use raw milk and skim the cream from the top. I took the 'Butter in my Kitchen Aid' recipe here on the Zaar and modified it for my Bosch. I used the cookie paddles.
- 1 quart thickened cream
- 1 dash salt
- 3 -5 ice cubes
- Pour the cream and salt into the Bosch bowl.
- Using the cookie paddles place the lid on the mixer, both pieces and turn to the #2 setting.
- You will begin to see the butter separate in approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the ice cubes and mix another minute.
- Place a large strainer over a bowl and pour the butter into that, letting the whey and butter separate.
- I do not do a lot of rinsing & squeezing.
- Put the solid butter into a plastic tub with a nice shape and press it into the container, continueing to drain off the whey as it surfaces.
- I place it in the coldest spot in my fridge and just pour off the excess whey when I open it to use a bit.
- This is a soft nice butter and it may be a bit crumbly when hardened.