Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Try making your own butter with this easy recipe.
- Fit the steel knife blade into the work bowl of your food processor.
- Process cream until whipped, about 30 seconds.
- Add water and ice cubes.
- Process 2-3 minutes until butter has formed and separated from the liquid.
- No harm will be done if you overwhip this mixture. Pour butter and liquid into a fine strainer.
- With a rubber spatula, gently press butter against sieve to remove excess moisture. DO NOT press too hard or butter will go through strainer.
- Refrigerate butter in a covered container.
- This makes 1/3 cup butter.
- If you prefer salted butter, add 1/8 teaspoon or less of salt to cream before processing.
This was so much fun to make. I used my blender since I don't have a food processor.I can't believe how quick it is to make. I grew up with my Aunt's homemade butter that was not very good LOL This was really nice but next time I will add just a bit of salt.It is sweeter then a store bought butter. I used a piece of cheescloth in my sieve so I could gently use it to "squeeze " the liquid out. It would be a fun thing to do with the kids on a stormy day. I will be making this again when whipped cream goes on sale.