Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
October is "apple season" on Amish farms around the Midwest. Amish homemakers love this time of year for making apple butter, cider and dessert treats like these fritters.
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir the milk into the egg.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into deep fat heated to 365 and fry about 3 minutes.
- Turn fritters during frying.
- Drain on absorbent paper.