Recipe by saylaveev
I got this from the www.putporkonyourfork.com website. Super tasty, easy to make and versatile. I made this recipe using a new-to-me item called yam noodles I found in my chinese section. They are virtually carb free and worked out well in this dish. I have left this recipe as shown but feel free to make changes. I used regular white vinegar and used a few shakes of tobasco instead of garlic chili sauce. I left out the star anise and bean sprouts cause I couldn't find them. I also left out the basil, mint and coriander in place I used some cilantro leaves. I found that this would suit 2 people eating only this, 2 bowls of a standard soup bowl each. I ate 2 bowls for dinner, DH had 1 and there was 1 bowl leftover for the next day. This would stretch more with a side salad or bread.
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 green onions, white and green seperated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 6 cups chicken stock, sodium reduced
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup brown button mushroom, sliced
- 5 ounces rice vermicelli, dry
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- Thai basil, mint and coriander sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan over medium high heat, brown pork for 5-7 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- Add chili sauce, white of green onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, star anise and bring to boil.
- Add carrot, mushrooms and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and simmer until noodles are tender.
- Garnish with green onions, sprouts and herbs.