Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Weber's Real Grilling
- 1 ounce dried mushroom (such as shiitake)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices sourdough bread, each 1/2 inch thick
- 4 lettuce leaves
- whole grain mustard
- To make the burgers: in a bowl, cover the mushrooms with boiling water; allow them to soak until soft, about 45 minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms and squeeze out the excess water.
- Blot the mushrooms with paper towels, cut out the tough stems and discard.
- In a food processor, process the mushrooms until finely chopped and place them in a bowl.
- To the mushrooms, add the remaining burger ingredients; gently mix with your hands.
- Shape into 4 patties, each about ¼ inch thick.
- Grill patties over Direct High heat until medium, 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- During the last 30 seconds, top the burgers with the brie and grill the bread until lightly toasted.
- Serve the burgers hot on the toasted bread with the lettuce and mustard.