Recipe by Sharon123
Cruisers know that there’s something special about fresh baked cookies onboard a ship. This recipe by Chef Wolfgang Wasshausen from Holland America Cruise Line lets you bake amazing chocolate chip cookies right at home!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (you can use Nutritious Flour Blend in this)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 375*F. and grease baking sheets well(or spray with cooking spray).
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the egg, water and vanilla.
- Blend brown sugar and oil in a large bowl at low speed.
- Add the egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- With mixer on lowest speed, add 1/3 of the flour mixture at a time until all of the mixture is added, scraping the bowl well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees F for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute, and them move to cooling rack.