Recipe by Darlene Summers
If you like marshmallows in your sweet potatoes you may add them as you like. This makes a delicious side dish for a holiday meal--made even nicer served in your favorite compote
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (17 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained (or about 5 fresh sweet potatoes cooked and cut up & drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the can of peaches (reserve the juice).
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup reserved peach juice and set aside.
- In large skillet.
- Heat remaining juice of peaches, brown sugar, cranberry sauce, cinnamon, and butter.
- When butter is melted, add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Then add the drained yams; cover skillet and cook on low about 10 minutes.
- Stir in peaches and cook an additional 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.