I was given this recipe as my mom LOVES eggnog and though this would be the perfect treat for her. I am waiting until x-mas to whip up a batch, but I can not wait to see how it comes out! 8-) ( I have not used a candy thermometer, so I had to estimate cooking time!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease 8-inch square pan.
- 2Lightly, butter edges of heavy saucepan.
- 3Combine eggnog, butter, sugar, and corn syrup in pan.
- 4Cook over medium heat.
- 5Stir constantly!
- 6Make sure sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
- 7Using pastry brush dipped in hot water, wipe edges of pan to remove crystallized sugar.
- 8Using candy thermometer clipped to pan, cook until soft ball stage (280°F).
- 9Pour mixture into heat-proof mixing bowl.
- 10Cool to slightly warm (110°F).
- 11Add in the vanilla extract; beat well with heavy mixer until thickened.
- 12Pour into greased pan.
- 13"Score" fudge into pieces; refrigerate until fudge is firm.
- 14Cut into desired sizes.
- 15Make sure fudge is kept refrigerated, and eat up!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Eggnog Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.2
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.9 mg
- Sodium 13.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g