Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was given this recipe as my mom LOVES eggnog and though this would be the perfect treat for her. I am waiting until x-mas to whip up a batch, but I can not wait to see how it comes out! 8-) ( I have not used a candy thermometer, so I had to estimate cooking time!)
- 3⁄4 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease 8-inch square pan.
- Lightly, butter edges of heavy saucepan.
- Combine eggnog, butter, sugar, and corn syrup in pan.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Stir constantly!
- Make sure sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
- Using pastry brush dipped in hot water, wipe edges of pan to remove crystallized sugar.
- Using candy thermometer clipped to pan, cook until soft ball stage (280°F).
- Pour mixture into heat-proof mixing bowl.
- Cool to slightly warm (110°F).
- Add in the vanilla extract; beat well with heavy mixer until thickened.
- Pour into greased pan.
- "Score" fudge into pieces; refrigerate until fudge is firm.
- Cut into desired sizes.
- Make sure fudge is kept refrigerated, and eat up!
I boiled the mixture to the 280 listed in this recipe and it did not work...it was browned and hardened. I may try again using 240 - that is if I can get the hardened burned mess off my thermometer
I made this for Christmas and it got rave reviews, thanks!
I was thinking about making this but had to look up soft ball stage as I don't have a thermometer, the websites I found said that softball stage is actually at 240 F