Recipe by Loves2Teach
I was looking for cute holiday ideas and came across this. Easy way to make mistletoe look snazzy :) Also a good way to use up extra cranberries.
- 5 inches foam, ball
- hot glue, gun or glue sticks or wooden toothpick
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
red acrylic craft paint
24-gauge beading wire
Desired holiday trim
- ribbon, mistletoe, holly, ivy, bells
Directions See How It's Made
- Paint foam ball with red craft paint. Set aside to dry.
- Cut an 18" piece of wire and fold it in half. Push folded wire all the way through the center of foam ball, leaving a 1” wire loop extending at bottom of ball and 3” of wire extending at top.
- Using hot glue gun or toothpicks, attach cranberries to ball, covering it completely. Twist wires at top of ball into a simple hook for hanging. Use ribbon to tie mistletoe and other desired holiday trim to wire above and below ball, and hang with hook.
- Kissing ball will last several days. Discard once berries begin to soften. To extend the life of your decoration, you can spray with an even coating of shellac.