Recipe by littleturtle
For Christmas, Valentine's Day, Holloween, St. Patrick's Day, or any other occassion you can find cookie cutters for. Kids love 'em and they make a cute gift.
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- flour, to dust (optional)
- 24 (4 inch) lollipop sticks
- 6 ounces chocolate almond bark or 6 ounces white almond bark or 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening (optional)
- royal icing
- assorted small decorative candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease cookie sheets; set aside.
- Remove cookie dough from packaging as directed on package.
- Sprinkle dough with flour to minimize sticking, if needed.
- Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate one half while you're working with the other.
- Roll dough out to 1/3" thick.
- Cut out cookies using 3 1/4" to 3 1/2" cookie cutters.
- Place a lollipop stick on each cookie so that one tip of the stick is imbedded in the cookie.
- Using a spatula, carefully turn cookies over so that the sticks are in the back; place on cookie sheets.
- Repeat with other half of the dough.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned (7-11 minutes).
- Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Melt almond bark in microwave according to package directions.
- Add 1 or more tablespoons shortening and microwave for 15 seconds if coating is too thick.
- Hold cookies over bowl and spoon coating over each.
- Scrape excess coating off of the edges of the cookies.
- Decorate cookies with icing and candies.
- Let cookie pops dry on wire racks set over waxed paper.