Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
For Christmas, Valentine's Day, Holloween, St. Patrick's Day, or any other occassion you can find cookie cutters for. Kids love 'em and they make a cute gift.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease cookie sheets; set aside.
- Remove cookie dough from packaging as directed on package.
- Sprinkle dough with flour to minimize sticking, if needed.
- Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate one half while you're working with the other.
- Roll dough out to 1/3" thick.
- Cut out cookies using 3 1/4" to 3 1/2" cookie cutters.
- Place a lollipop stick on each cookie so that one tip of the stick is imbedded in the cookie.
- Using a spatula, carefully turn cookies over so that the sticks are in the back; place on cookie sheets.
- Repeat with other half of the dough.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned (7-11 minutes).
- Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Melt almond bark in microwave according to package directions.
- Add 1 or more tablespoons shortening and microwave for 15 seconds if coating is too thick.
- Hold cookies over bowl and spoon coating over each.
- Scrape excess coating off of the edges of the cookies.
- Decorate cookies with icing and candies.
- Let cookie pops dry on wire racks set over waxed paper.