Recipe by bigNJkid
These babies are IMPOSSIBLE to mess up . Bring these to a BBQ and steal the spotlight. Takes a little time for prep but cheap and easy .
- 2 flank steaks
- 1 bottle of soy vay hoisin garlic marinade
- 1 fresh piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 ounces maggi seasoning, sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Take your flank steaks and unroll them and try to trim any excess fat before you start to slice them into strips. Once you have done that take a sharp knife and slice each steak (across the grain) into strips thin enough to be tender but not too thin where they fall apart on the grille. 2 steaks should yeild about 30-35 skewers .
- Place the steak in a gallon size baggie and add the hoisin garlic marinade , fresh chopped ginger , maggi sauce , and sherry wine . (optional pineapples) . make sure you get all the air out before you close it .
- Once you are done place in the fridge and keep in there for 24-48 hours. The day you are ready to cook them , take your skewers and soak them for a few hours . Once they are soaked , thread the steaks on each skewer but make sure you leave enough room on the skewer to hang off the grille and handle .
- Preheat the grille to high and place directly on the bottom row and continue to cook with the lid closed or open . They will be so juicy and thin that you will not need to keep them on long or baste them as they cook .
- Once each side has a SLIGHT burn to it take them off and serve. They are so awesome , you will not have to worry about yeilding 30+ of them b/c the smell from the grille will have them hanging over your back.
- The Soy vay hoisin garlic marinade should be easily available in most Shop Rites or other super markets Asian isle . I have made these for years and EVERY year I get people constantly showing up for BBQs for them alone.