Cook1 hr 30 mins
A light and fluffy interior with a nice, crisp skin. Try this topped with hipQuest's Baked Vidalia Onion Recipe #rz.119492. For easy oven clean-up line the lower rack with foil.
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry.
- Pour oil in one gallon size baggie or use a bowl.
- Pour Kosher salt into another gallon baggie or use a bowl.
- Put 1 potato into the oil bag to coat lightly, then into the salt bag to coat lightly but completely-DO NOT pierce potato.
- Repeat above with remaining potatoes.
- Place directly on oven rack and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours, test by a light squeeze after 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, brush off salt, serve whole-split down the center or cut in half for 8 portions.
- Squeeze to "fluff".
- Add whatever ingredients you like on a baked potato.
This produced *perfectly* done potatoes. I like that it's so simple, but the recipe calls for a lot of salt, and even after brushing as much off as I could, they were still a bit too salty for me... my fiance and our roomie, however, thought they were perfect. :) Thanks for sharing!
I was a bit worried about not piercing the potatoes but shouldn't have been. They were done to perfection. I placed a pan on a lower rack in the oven to catch any salt that came loose from the potatoes. Made for I REDommend Tag Game.
The pefect potato! I loved the cripsy outside and I didn'e even have to add salt, I just used some from the skin. The Baked Vidalia Onion added a ton of flavor too. Great recipe and thanks for the onion recommendation too!