Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you are on a diet or looking for a snack with a little extra fiber in it for the kids this is the snack for you!
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, minis
- Mix whole wheat, all purpose, wheat germ, milled flaxseed, baking soda & baking powder together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mash bananas (mash them in your mixing bowl on medium speed for "no lumps").
- Add flour mixture and remaining ingredients to mixing bowl with mashed bananas. Mix well combining all ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Add batter to greased muffing tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of center clean.