Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Essentially a one pan meal. It's southern meets coastal with bacon, butter, seafood, and wilted spinach.
- 1) In a cool skillet, start cooking your bacon over medium/low heat until crispy. (The lower the heat, the more bacon fat you'll render out, which is good.).
- 2) In a small plastic sealable bag, combine 1/2 the packet of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix, parmesan cheese, and scallops. Gentle mix/coat the scallops in the mixture.
- 3) Once the bacon is crispy, remove from skillet, and turn heat up to medium. Keep ALL the fat in there. Sear the scallops on one side, roughly 2-3 minutes. Do not move them until they have cooked about halfway through. Then flip to the other side and sear another 1.5-2 minutes. Then remove from the pan.
- 4) Add the garlic, shallots, butter, and other half of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, and then add you spinach and allow it to steam and wilt, stirring after about 1-2 minutes. Then add the lemon juice and crumble up the bacon into the spinach.
- 5) Create a small bed of spinach on your plate and place your scallops on top of it. Enjoy!