Recipe by senseicheryl
Please Cheese Me - Our mac 'n cheese doesn't need to be a fluorescent shade of orange to stand up to the competition. It tastes AMAZING, and it's as simple as A-B-C, 1-2-3, Do-Re-Mi. (P.S. The cheesy cauliflower works perfectly here -- trust us!) Serving Size: 1 cup Calories: 202 Fat: 4.5g Sodium: 825mg Carbs: 36g Fiber: 5g Sugars: 6g Protein: 8.5g POINTS® value 4*
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesgreen giant cauliflower & cheese sauce (recipe calls for the Family size but I couldnt' find it, freezer aisle)
- 2 cups ronzoni healthy harvest whole wheat blend rotini pasta (or another whole-wheat or whole-wheat-blend pasta, uncooked)
- 3 Laughing Cow light swiss cheese (3 of the wedges)
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to the instructions on the box, and then drain well and set aside. While pasta is cooking, place contents of the cauliflower & sauce package in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 12 - 16 minutes, until sauce has melted and cauliflower is hot.
- Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, remove it from the microwave and add cooked pasta. Set aside. Unwrap cheese wedges and place in a small microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth, and then add to the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly, ensuring that the Laughing Cow cheese is evenly distributed and the pasta and cauliflower are coated in cheese sauce. If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!