Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From the Hungry Girl Website: A Bowl in One! A ginormous bowl that includes fried items, corn niblets, gravy and cheese cannot POSSIBLY be Hungry Girl approved, can it? Ummmm, YES it can. We promise! Our swapped-out version of this Kentucky Fried MESS will save you more than half the calories and most of the fat. We rock! But we must confess, this recipe was inspired by one of our faithful subscribers, who emailed in to tell us that she and her boyfriend make their own version of these bowls at home. Thanks, Angie! Serving size: 1 bowl (entire recipe) Calories: 285 Fat: 6.5g Sodium: 1,080mg Carbs: 44g Fiber: 5g Sugars: 8g Protein: 15g *5 Points!
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 ounce skim milk
- 2 tablespoons corn niblets, canned, heated
- 1⁄2 ounce shredded fat-free cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 ounce fat-free American cheese
- 2 ounces heinz fat free chicken gravy
- 1 Morningstar Farms Original Chik Patty
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a covered dish, microwave butternut squash pieces for 4 - 6 minutes (until tender) in a very small amount of water.
- Drain very well and then mash squash with the skim milk and a little salt.
- Place mashed squash in a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, sprinkle corn niblets over your squash.
- Prepare "chicken" patty according to package and cut into small pieces.
- Place patty pieces on top of your corn-topped squash.
- Drizzle with gravy.
- Top with shredded cheese and enjoy!
All the components separate were great, But once mixed all together not so much. I wasnt a fan, but that might just be me. i would make this again but next time i will use either potato or sweet potato.