Recipe by senseicheryl
Another one from Hungry Girl: "After receiving tons of emails about a famous (and fatty) Frank's RedHot dip, we HG-ized it for your (and our!) chewing pleasure. This stuff tastes JUST like Buffalo wings..." PER SERVING (1/15th of recipe, about 1/4 cup): 68 calories, 1.5g fat, 616mg sodium, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 10g protein -- POINTS® value 1*
Top Review by Elizabeth G.
I was happy to see that someone posted this as I have made this recipe before. For superbowl I made this dish with the regular full fat ingredients and then I used fat free cream cheese and low fat ranch, no yogurt for another dish. The low fat version was excellent! Due to the cream cheese its consistency and visual appeal was odd, but who cares! Also, based on how hot you like things, you can play around with the amount of hot sauce to get the exact taste you like. It reheats fine too. Enjoy!
*Also, if you can use chicken breast instead of canned chicken, it will taste even better!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans white chicken meat packed in water, 98% fat free, drained
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce (recipe says Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup fat free Greek yogurt (Fage 0% is the best!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cream cheese in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Mix in Frank's RedHot, mozzarella cheese, ranch dressing, and yogurt. Stir in chicken until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture evenly into a deep 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Stir well and enjoy!
- P.S. We love dipping carrot sticks and red bell pepper chunks into this dip, but we've also dunked baked tortilla chips into it and used it as a sandwich spread!
- HG Alternative! To make this dish FAST, skip the oven altogether. Prepare dip according to the directions, but in a microwave-safe dish. Then microwave uncovered on high for 5 minutes (stopping and stirring halfway through cooking), or until hot.