Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I absolutely love these Hungry Girl Recipes! This was another one featured in an email that I received this morning: Blueberry Thrill - Here at the HG HQ, we spent an entire day whipping up versions of this recipe until we got it juuuuuuuuust right. The result? Ginormous, fluffy muffins packed with gazillions of blueberries! Woohoo... Serving Size: 1 muffin Calories: 137 Fat: 2.25g Sodium: 269mg Carbs: 26.5g Fiber: 3g Sugars: 7.5g Protein: 4g POINTS. value 2* HG Tip! We've heard that freezing your blueberries can help keep them from sinking to the bottom during baking. Cool!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup light vanilla soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free syrup
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute (like Original Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 tablespoons light butter, whipped, room temperature (or light buttery spread, room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar-added applesauce (get Mott's Blueberry Delight if you can find it!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate, large mixing bowl, combine soymilk, syrup, egg substitute, butter, applesauce and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer or a whisk, mix until thoroughly blended. (Don't worry if butter bits do not break up completely.)
- Add dry ingredients from the first mixing bowl to the mixture in the large one. Mix until completely blended. Then fold in the blueberries.
- Line a 6-cup muffin pan (or half a 12-cup pan) with baking liners and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter among the 6 cups.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!