Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Apples and potatoes are a wonderful combination. The apples sweetened the potatoes. This is a traditional winter side dish. If you want to be really authentic add slices of blood sausage to the top.
- 1⁄2 lb tart green apple
- 1⁄2 lb sweet red apples
- 1 lb potato
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- ground cloves
- milk (as needed)
- Peel, core and chop green apples.
- Place green apples in a pan with water and simmer 20 minutes.
- Peel, core and chop green red apples and potatoes.
- Add the red apples and the potatoes.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Drain then mash all together.
- Add butter, salt and cloves.
- Add milk as needed.