Recipe by DoveChocolatierinKY
Posted on behalf of Yahoo Group SillyYaks. Re:The best cake I have ever had!!! This is straight off the box of Natural Hershey's cocoa:
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
flour ingredients (use 1 3/4 cups for this recipe)
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup potato starch
- 1⁄3 cup tapioca flour
perfectly chocolate chocolate frosting
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup hershey's cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 9 inches round baking pans.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting.
- To make Frosting melt butter & stir in cocoa.
- Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating on med speed to spreading consistency.
- Add more milk if needed & stir in vanilla makes about 2 Cups.
- I followed this recipe exactly and did not add xanthan gum and it was not only easy to do but again the results are fantastic. I think I have found the cake I will use for birthdays, special occasions, etc. No one and I mean no one will be able to tell it is gf! :).