Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love baking, though I'm not a baker. This recipe was adopted by me February 2005. It's from Hershey's Kitchens - how could it not be delicious?
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, Packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 cup coconut flakes, Sweetened
- Heat oven to 350°F and grease 13x9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter; cut in with pastry blender or with hands until mixture is well blended, resembling coarse crumbs.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan, pressing firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is set. Remove from oven; sprinkle peanut butter chips on top.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over chips; top with coconut. Return to oven; bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 24 bars.
- Recipe may be reprinted courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens.
WOW! What a wonderful,delicious,spectacular dessert. Very simple and easy to come together. I have to admit that I am not a coconut fan but this recipe is awesome and I am so excited about sharing this dessert with our friends this weekend. I can't wait to hear them rave over this delicious bar. Thanks for sharing this recipe Carla! its most certainly a keeper!! :)
Delicious bars! My family enjoyed these.