Recipe by ckmclements
Taken from the back of a package of Hershey's Cherry Cordial Kisses. The title of the recipe is misleading, as it is not, in fact, a cheesecake. The cake is chocolate. There are a lot of ingredients, but it looks more complicated than it really is. I've made it several times, every time without a hitch. I was so impressed with how it turned out it's the background picture on my cell phone, and it definitely tastes as good as it looks!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, drained
- 25 Hershey chocolate kisses (the recipe specifically calls for Hershey's Cherry Cordial Kisses, regular ones will do)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Line 9-inch round cake pan with foil, extending foil beyond the sides. Grease foil.
- Stir together melted butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add eggs. Beat well using spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture, beating with a spoon until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until cake is set. (Cake is fudgy and will not test done.) Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Beat whipping cream until stiff. Gradually fold into cream cheese mixture, blending well. Spread over brownie layer. Cover. Refrigerate until serving time. Use foil to lift out of pan; remove foil.
- Just before serving, put cherry pie filling in 5-inch wide heart shape in center of dessert. (I went to Wal-Mart and found a set of heart-shaped cookie cutters to do this step.) Place kisses around edge. Cut into wedges; serve with remaining pie filling. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert.