Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I ran across this recipe in one of my mom's old magazines. Thought it sounded interesting, checked to make sure I had all the ingredients on hand and made them over the weekend. My kids really loved these cookies. The nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon really gives it that zip. I used walnuts in stead of pecans, just a personal choice. I am making these for our family reunion on the 22nd. Even though I am hostessing the reunion again, I still like to bring something to nibble on. Last year it was my grandmother's cinnamon pies this year it is cookies. I Hope you enjoy them.
- Cream shortening; add sugar and eggs one at a time; beat until light.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in raisins and nuts; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes.
this recipe is great! i used 1/2 cup of butter instead and they turned out fab... looked for the perfect hermit recipe since my mother is a die hard fan of those cookies and thought this recipe sounded the closest to the ones she loves so much... thanks for posting :)