Recipe by COOKGIRl
The best of France and the best of Italy in one big bite! Slightly altered recipe from herbsearch.com.
- 1 pizza dough, unbaked (I used a light whole wheat pizza dough)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, sliced into crescents
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄3 cup soft fresh goat cheese (chevre or Boursin, for example)
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄4 cup olive, imported, pitted and sliced (picholine, Nicoise, Kalamata, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lighly oil a pizza stone or aluminum pan. Spread the pizza dough evenly and thinly onto the pan and prick the dough randomly with a fork.
- Sauté shallots and garlic in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until shallots are translucent.
- Spread the crumbled goat cheese over the pizza dough, then spread the sautéed shallots and herbes de Provence over the cheese. Add the sliced olives.
- Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over the ingredients.
- Bake approximately 10 minutes, or until cheese bubbles.