Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My version of thanksgiving or any time of year--I could eat turkey all year long.
Make and share this Herbed Turkey recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the garlic, rosemary, butter, salt and pepper.
- Pull apart from the meat, the skin to create a pocket.
- Push the herb mixture in between the skin and meat.
- Press down on the skin if necessary to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible.
- Spray the turkey with a non stick spray (I have been know to sprinkle the outside of the turkey with a few herbs I find in the cabinet as well).
- Cover turkey with foil and place in oven.
- Bake approx 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 185°F.
- Uncover and bake the turkey about 15 minutes or until the outside becomes a golden brown.
- Pull out of oven and let sit about 15 minutes before carving.
This recipe made for a tastey bird. I ground up the melted butter and the herbs and injected it. It was good all the way thru. I also stuck some crushed garlic cloves under the skin, at the breast, hip, and legs. Thanks for the recipe.
Wow, what great flavor! I put mine on the grill and it was soooo good. Thanks for the great recipe!
I used this recipe for our Thanksgiving Turkey and was very happy with it. I used it again yesterday to cook a turkey for the freezer. Wonderful! Thanks Tish!