Recipe by Tish
My version of thanksgiving or any time of year--I could eat turkey all year long.
Top Review by Imcybernate
This recipe made for a tastey bird. I ground up the melted butter and the herbs and injected it. It was good all the way thru. I also stuck some crushed garlic cloves under the skin, at the breast, hip, and legs. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (10 -15 lb) whole turkey
- 6 -10 garlic cloves
- 2 -4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons butter
- nonstick cooking spray, garlic preferred
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the garlic, rosemary, butter, salt and pepper.
- Pull apart from the meat, the skin to create a pocket.
- Push the herb mixture in between the skin and meat.
- Press down on the skin if necessary to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible.
- Spray the turkey with a non stick spray (I have been know to sprinkle the outside of the turkey with a few herbs I find in the cabinet as well).
- Cover turkey with foil and place in oven.
- Bake approx 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 185°F.
- Uncover and bake the turkey about 15 minutes or until the outside becomes a golden brown.
- Pull out of oven and let sit about 15 minutes before carving.