3 hrs 20 mins
My version of thanksgiving or any time of year--I could eat turkey all year long.
My Private Note
whole t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix together the garlic, rosemary, butter, salt and pepper.
- 3Pull apart from the meat, the skin to create a pocket.
- 4Push the herb mixture in between the skin and meat.
- 5Press down on the skin if necessary to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible.
- 6Spray the turkey with a non stick spray (I have been know to sprinkle the outside of the turkey with a few herbs I find in the cabinet as well).
- 7Cover turkey with foil and place in oven.
- 8Bake approx 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 185°F.
- 9Uncover and bake the turkey about 15 minutes or until the outside becomes a golden brown.
- 10Pull out of oven and let sit about 15 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.2
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 297.4 mg
- Sodium 320.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 84.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: