Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and so very good. If you wish, add a little minced garlic and parmesan cheese the last 5 minutes of cooking.Adapted from Julee Rosso's Great Good Food Cookbook.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced herbs (such as chives, rosemary, oregano, sage, alone or in combination)
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- malt vinegar
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Remove the skins from the potatoes in large strips with a sharp knife or a vegetable peeler, including some potato with each sliced skin.
- Soak the skins in ice water for about 15 minutes. Remove and pat really dry.
- Spread the pieces of skin out on a large baking sheet. Spray them with a fine mist of olive oil, toss, and spray again.
- Bake the skins 10 minutes, and lightly spray both sides again. Bake for another 5 minutes, then sprinkle with the herbs.
- Return the skins to the oven and bake for 5 minutes longer. The skins are done when lightly browned and crisp.
- Salt and pepper and serve immediately with malt vinegar or lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!
We enjoyed these. I did add some garlic salt in lieu of sea salt and romano cheese on top. I think I may have sliced off a bit too much potato as they were not quite done but I didn't want the cheese to burn so I took them out.
Simple and delicious.We loved these skins.They were the perfect vehicle for scooping up dips,although I bet they would be great loaded too! A great recipe,with such versatility.Thanks Sharon. Made for Newest ZaarTag.