1/1 Photo of Herbed Mushroom Quiche
HEP MEP's Note:
This is a nice little quiche from The Runner's Cookbook printed in 1979. I used to make this quite a bit till my husband informed me that he does not like Swiss cheese. Oh well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 eggs or 3 egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- black pepper
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked (or pastry-lined quiche pan)
- 1/3 lb grated swiss cheese
- 1Saute mushrooms in margarine or butter.
- 2Cool to room temperature.
- 3Drain any liquid that accumulates.
- 4Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 5Prick pie crust with a fork several times.
- 6Pre-bake pastry for 5 minutes.
- 7In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cheese and basil.
- 8Place cooled mushrooms in the pie shell.
- 9Sprinkle cheese-basil mixture over the mushrooms.
- 10Beat the eggs,water,milk powder,salt and pepper in a bowl until blended.
- 11Pour over cheese.
- 12Bake 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Mushroom Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.1
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 197.8 mg
- Sodium 1068.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 26.2 g