Cook1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was posted in reply to a beer bread "Recipe Request" on the message board. Herbed Beer Cheese Bread By Charlie Brown, Alaskan (Beer) Brewer. The aroma of fresh baked bread, combined with herbs, accompanied by beer....ah! Try this bread!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a large (9-inch) loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sage.
- Stir in the Alaskan ESB and cheese until complete blended.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake until a thin wooden skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, 50-55 minutes.
- Cool the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.