1/2 Photos of Herbal Seeded Crackers
1 hr 12 mins
So Cal Gal's Note:
Hearty rustic crackers with lots of character, crunch, and flavor! (Slightly adapted from a Whole Foods Market recipe.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds (raw & shelled)
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds (raw & shelled)
- 1/4 cup flax seed, whole
- 1/4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling on crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups barley flour or 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk, plus more for brushing on crackers
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- 3Place 1/4 cup (whole) pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cup (whole) sunflower seeds, and 1/4 cup whole flax seeds in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- 4In either a food processor or on a cutting board with a knife, chop remaining 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds and 1/4 cup sunflower seeds to the size of grains of rice.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, whisk together chopped pumpkin and sunflower seeds, ground flax seeds, minced garlic, crumbled dried rosemary, salt, freshly ground black pepper, baking powder, and barley flour. Pour in olive oil and milk, and mix well; then stir in reserved whole pumpkin, sunflower, and flax seeds.
- 6Shape dough into 40 balls (about 2 teaspoons each). Arrange on prepared baking sheets: 20 to a sheet, and equally spaced. Flatten each dough ball to a thickness of 1/4 inch; brush tops with milk, and sprinkle with salt.
- 7Bake crackers for 18 to 22 minutes, or until crisp and browned.
- 8Transfer to wire racks to cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbal Seeded Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.9
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g