John J. O'Sullivan?'s Note:
This looks neat, yummie, and gourmet in that New York City sort of way. Or it may suck. I don't know, as I haven't made it yet. It comes from Jean-Georges Vongerichten, who must be some fort of famous chef or something. Anyhow, I found it in City magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the pizza dough
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet fresh yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
For the salad
- 1For the pizza dough: Place flour in a food processor.
- 2Combine the salt, honey, olive oil and cold water in a small bowl or measuring cup. Mix well.
- 3Dissolve the yeast in the 1/4 cup of warm water and let it proof for 10 minutes.
- 4With the motor running, slowly pour the salt and honey mixture in, then the dissolved yeast. Process until the dough forms a ball on the blade. (If it is sticky, add sprinklings of flour.).
- 5Transfer the dough to a buttered bowl; let the dough rest covered for 30 minutes.
- 6Divide the dough into four equal parts. Roll each piece into a smooth tight ball.
- 7When needed, roll each ball into a circle 1/4" thick.
- 8Brush with olive oil and season with salt, then bake on a preheated pizza stone in a 500° oven until golden and slightly charred.
- 9Cut into quarters and top with the salad.
- 10For the salad: Put the lettuces and basil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, drizzle with olive oil, and then lemon juice.
- 11Toss gently but thoroughly, and mound neatly on top of each pizza crust. Sprinkle with the togarishi and serve while the crust is still warm.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbal Salad Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (1261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 595.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 12.2 g