Recipe by Dancer^
Just a little of this colorful sauce will turn any meat or poultry dish into something special. Try it on poached eggs, too, or as a sauce for pasta or rice.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the shallots and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour, then add the stock and stir until smooth.
- Simmer over low heat until the sauce is thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and herbs and simmer 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.