Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Healthy side dish from DeniseAustin.com: "Nothing satisfies like potatoes, especially these crunchy, browned, herb-crusted potato wedges. They're great with ketchup, fat-free sour cream, or all by themselves!"
- 1 lb small baking potato
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Coat a heavy baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut each potato in half crosswise. Place the halves cut side down on the cutting board and cut each into 4 wedges. Place the potatoes in a mound on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a cup, mix the oil, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Pour over the potato wedges and toss to mix well. Spread the potatoes out on the sheet.
- Bake, stirring 2 or 3 times, until tender and lightly browned, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.
I have been craving potatoes and these french fries were wonderful. Very nice not having them cooked in oil and healthier for us. I used Idaho baking potatoes and they worked really well for this recipe. Thank you Karen, this will be a family favorite recipe.
Easy to make and tasty.
Easy, filling side dish. I also sprinkled some paprika and a little brown sugar half way through. Will definitely make again!