Recipe by dale!
A very tasty finger food that always goes fast. Can be made ahead of time and baked just before serving.
Top Review by Sandra E.
I have to admit, I changed this around a bit. I used the same principles, but cheated. I used the ready made polenta in a tube and cut into bite size pieces. So, I missed out a lot of flavour, but they were still excellent. I wrapped half with bacon and the other half with chicken bacon. I baked on parchment paper for about 15 minutes. Personally I preferred the chicken bacon, but I can see this being excellent with the prosciutto. I will definitely make these again, they were so easy using the prepared polenta. I think they'd go great with a marinara type dip.
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant polenta
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 60 g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 20 slices prosciutto (thin slices)
- 10 short bamboo sticks, soaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook polenta according to the directions on the packet.
- When it's almost cooked stir in the parsley, parmesan, butter and garlic.
- Pour polenta into a greased 18x28cm cake tin.
- Smooth the surface and cool for an hour until firm.
- Turn the polenta out and cut into 20 bite sized cubes.
- Wrap each cube in a slice of prosciutto.
- Thread 2 pieces onto each skewer and place them on a baking paper lined tray.
- Bake in a 190°C oven for 10-20 minutes.
- The prosciutto will become crisp and golden.
- Serve hot.
- These can be made a couple of hours ahead and refrigerated until you're ready to bake.
- Make sure you soak the sticks well to prevent burning.
- Another way to serve this is to place the wrapped cubes singly on the baking tray, bake, and stab each one with a toothpick to serve.