Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 small tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, finely shredded or grated
- 4 -5 sprigs fresh basil (optional)
- Remove cores from tomatoes and cut tomatoes in half crosswise.
- Spread cut side of each tomato with sour cream or yogurt.
- Sprinkle each with basil.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on tomatoes.
- Arrange tomato halves in a foil pie pan.
- Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill.
- Test for medium heat above the pan.
- Place the foil pan containing tomatoes on grill over drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 10 to 15 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Herb-Grilled Roma Tomatoes: Prepare as directed above except substitute 4 Roma tomatoes for the small tomatoes.
- Do not core roma tomatoes.
- Cut lengthwise in half.
This is a super easy, very tasty, easy grilled vegetable! I think the fresh basil is a must have.