Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A family favorite. Freezes well.
- 1 large French bread (can sub Italian or any other hearty bread)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced thin
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cream ingredients (except bread). You can do this by hand.
- Cut 2" verticle slices into bread; not slicing through to the bottom.
- Spread butter mixture in slits.
- Wrap in foil; bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Can cook on grill.
I love the flavour of the fresh parsley and the fresh sage in this! I used whole grain bread and I have a little trick for cutting the bread that I learned in a culinary school. Put something like chopsticks or butter knives on either side of the loaf so when you cut through it, it won't cut all the way through. It's not complicated but it works! I enjoyed this with Kittencal's Best and Easiest Baby Back Ribs and I will make this again! Made for Kittencal's Grilling Tag Game. Thanks Gailann! :)
This is a great garlic 'herby' butter mix. I altered this recipe a bit by reducing it to 1/3 and serving on the side with warm crusty bread for people to apply on their own. I found my fresh parsley expired and instead used fresh chives and omitted the green onions in order not to get too much onion flavour. It worked great and was loved by all. The salt and pepper certainly brings out the flavours..
Great tasting herbed french bread! Loved the herb butter - can see keeping it on hand to make garlic toast when cooking for two. Thank you, this one is a keeper at my house. Made for the AUz/NZ Swap.