Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a Rachel Ray recipe I saw her make on the Food Network. I since, have added other ingrediants to create a lovely and simple side dish of herbed broiled tomatoes. It is a wonderful side dish with any grilled meats.
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄3 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated fine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- With spoon, scoop out seeds from tomatoes. Then clean out all but 1 inch of pulp, from around tomato, to form shell.
- Set tomatoes open side up, in single layer, in a baking dish.
- In bowl combine, breadcrumbs, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, pecorino, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add oil to breadcrumbs and stir well until mixture resembles meal.
- Stuff tomatoes with breadcrumb mixture.
- Broil tomatoes for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown on top.