Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was printed in the Kitchen Hints From Heloise section of our newspaper. Haven't tried yet, but sounds quick and easy---my kind of recipe!
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup water, PLUS MORE AS NEEDED
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box cake mix
- Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- Mix the egg, water and nuts in a large bowl.
- Add the dry cake mix; stir well, but don't overbeat. If the batter needs a litle more water, add a teaspoonful at a time. But don't add too much because the batter should be thick. Don't overmix - just mix enough so that there is no "powder" showing.
- Pour into the prepared pan, being sure to smooth the top evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes for chewy brownies; if you like them a little drier, bake a few minutes longer.
A bit dry and crumbly. Next time I will add a 1/2 cup of VCO to the mix. It really needed oil.
very good receipe its quick&easy thankis for the wonderful receipe