Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are packed full of tasty heat.
- 10 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- Peel and cut boiled eggs lengthwise in halve.
- Remove yolks and put in small bowl.
- Set whites aside.
- Mash yolks with remaining ingredients.
- Refill eggs.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
I loved the flavors in these eggs. I left out the serrano chilies as I was taking this to a potluck. The filling turned a nice shade of pink and there were none left. Thanks!
I halved the recipe. My eggs needed some extra mayo. They were not as overwhelmingly spicy as the name implies, just hot and flavorful. I'd definitely make these again. Thanks for posting!
Eggs with some heat, yum! Had to use jalapeno as that's what I can get here. They don't make you breath fire in any way but there a lovely underlying heat that makes these extra good. I'm pretty sure that they will be gone by bedtime tonight. :D