Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Chocolate, carmel, coconut, and nuts... Mmmm!
- 1 2⁄3 cups ground graham crackers (10-12 graham crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pick your favorite. I like pecans.)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 14 -15 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cinnamon with graham cracker crumbs.
- Add butter and stir to moisten.
- Press the mixture into a 9"x13" pan.
- Top the crust with the chopped nuts.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Top with coconut.
- Mix vanilla into the condensed milk.
- Pour evenly over the top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until the coconut is becoming golden brown.
- Important: Cool before cutting!
After reading all the positive reviews I had to try these. I might have done something wrong- the cracker crumb crust was wet and did not hold together well at all. I was careful and timed them right- if I would have cooked them any longer, the coconut would have burnt. They ended up in the trash. Maybe will try them again and double check, as the reviews are so good.
oooooohhhhh....these are delicious!!! I will definitely make them again. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I left out the cinnamon and vanilla (sounded kind of weird to me) and I used like a 1/2 to 2/3 cup coconut instead of the amount called for. Love them! Excellent recipe....thanks!
i made these for a canoe trip and kept them in the cooler so they didnt melt. they were all gone by the end of the trip. i left out the cinammon and didnt miss it a bit. i also let it bake a little longer so the condensed milk was almost chewy. these are sooo decadent. kudos for the great recipe.